Republicans Have Failed to Repeal Obamacare

May 6, 2017
Posted in Opinion, U.S.
May 6, 2017 Ben Preuss

Republicans Have Failed to Repeal Obamacare

On Thursday evening President Donald Trump tweeted out, “It was a GREAT day for the United States of America! This is a great plan that is a repeal & replace of ObamaCare. Make no mistake about it.” But many beg to differ, stating that it is the President who is mistaken.

Conservative commentator and senior editor at Conservative Review, Daniel Horowitz had this to say about Republicans current bill to “repeal and replace Obamacare”, “let’s be clear to call it what it is: a potential 10-30 percent repeal rather than definitive full repeal.”

For the sake of this article let’s split the difference and say that this bill, which has been supported by Trump and passed by House Republicans, is about 20 percent repeal of Obamacare.

So many of these politicians, including the newly elected President, ran on platforms of full repeal. In fact, it was this promise that rallied millions of people across the nation to vote Republican in November 2016. Americans voted and handed the reigns of power over to the RNC. Republicans control The House, The Senate and The Presidency.

Donald Trump and the Republicans have been touting the passage of this bill through The House as an enormous victory. But how is a 20 percent repeal a big win? That doesn’t add up. Additionally, with all this legislative power why do the American people have to settle for 1/5 repeal of a law, when the promise was FULL REPEAL?

Let’s put this into perspective:

President Donald Trump promised to build a wall along America’s southern border. He promised that it would be, “the greatest wall you’ve ever seen”. So far, this great wall has yet to even begin, but let’s say at the end of four years in office America has 20 percent of a border wall. Who in their right mind would claim that a wall which is missing 80 percent of itself is a success? That’s stupid.

Or, how about this. President Trump promised to have Mexico pay for the border wall. Let’s say Trump builds his wall, and somehow gets Mexico to actually pay, but they only pay for 20 percent of the total cost. The American people then foot the bill for the other 80 percent. In this instance or the previous, can you honestly say that Trump made good on his campaign promises? Of course not, because basic math and common logic dictate that 20 percent of something is not equal to 100 percent of something.

As you run across politicians talking about how The House recently passed legislation that effectively repeals Obamacare, now you know that it is just not true. It is false that this new bill repeals Obamacare.

Just because politicians commonly twist words, manipulate facts, and re-write definitions of terms like “repeal and replace” does not give them the power to alter reality. And at this point the reality is that House Republicans just gave a pass to 80 percent of Obamacare. That is a fact.




, , , , , , , ,

Ben Preuss

Benjamin Preuss holds a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from Carroll University. He possesses a wealth of knowledge in political and economic systems, the US Constitution and America's criminal justice system.
Precious Metals Data, Currency Data, Charts, and Widgets Powered by nFusion Solutions
Seo wordpress plugin by